The Campsie Club is the youngest of the eight Parent Clubs, having been reformed and presented with a new Charter on 23rd January 1950. A Club with this name had been in existence almost 100 years earlier but ceased to operate in 1869. The Campsie Club is the only Apprentice Boys Club to be named after one of the “Brave 13”. It is presumed that Henry Campsie was the first man to shed blood in the Defence of Londonderry.

Campsie was the inspiration behind the Shutting of the Gates and was severely wounded whilst leading his associates to secure the City Magazine and armoury.
The emblem of the Roaring Meg was adopted as the Seal of the New Club.
The Campsie Club has now an active, energetic core of members and officers, who in the past few years have encouraged the growth of the Association by opening new branches, not only in Ulster, but also in England and Scotland.